BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

My personal thoughts on my "Thought for the Day"

We were taught in our last general conference to be tolerant and respectful of other peoples belief. Sure, we wish they all could accept the gospel and believe as we do but there are good people out in the world that aren't members of our church. I just liked this "Thought for the Day" because it allows us to put that into more perspective and helps me to be less judgemental. I admire the people who believe in God and at least follow the religion they belong to. Too many of us, LDS people included, don't live their religions. I think that's worse then the alternative.

1 comments:

Pam T. said...

I think your attitude is good. There are too many "haughty" LDS who fail to acknowledge the good in other faiths. Don't we have an Article of Faith about this? I have a wonderful friendship with an Hindu I worked with at Aegis. She was an inspiration to me often and still is through email.