BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

I had a nice mothers day and I hope that my own mother and my sister also had a nice day.

My kids all came through. Tiffany gave me a pedicure as a combined mothers day/birthday gift. (Her money is extremely tight so I always tell her it's okay to combine the two). Rachel stopped by on Saturday with a dozen roses in a vase she had decorated and a nice card. Katie gave me a fun music card and a bag of jalepeno beef jerkey. Just the fact that she did it on her own was quite a surprise and much appreciated. And then of course, I got to talk to Charlie. He sounds great. His accent is stronger but I sort of expected that. The more he spoke in English, however, the less of an accent he had so I'm sure he'll lose it quickly once coming home. We had a nice phone visit and in two short months, he'll be home. :)

As for the day itself, I went to church, we got some sort of flowering plant. I made a ham and lots of fresh vegetables as side dishes. I layed outside on the hammock and read and snoozed and basically just enjoyed the warm air and sunshine. Over-all, it was a very nice day.

1 comments:

Pam T. said...

Wow . . . you are really going with this now ! It looks even more amazing ! What happened to Unja's photo? Glad to see all the kids, but where's Dennis, or maybe he doesn't want his photo on the web? And, there isn't a photo of you either, hmmmm, guess you feel the same way as Dennis about it. That's okay. It's your site to personalize as you wish and you've done a marvelous job. Nice to hear you had a very good Mother's Day, and I'll bet talking with Charlie was wonderful. Glad everyone came through, that is so nice.