BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Difficult Day

It's been a difficult day for me today in more ways than one. The biggest and most emotional thing was finding out that my parents couldn't come and see me after all because yet again, they had to host family members of my older siblings. One of which has already spent a good amount of time there already. It's a sibling jealousy thing, I know that, I should have outgrown it by now, but it's still real to me and it's still emotionally hard. I was in tears by the time I got off the phone with my mom trying really hard for her not to notice. It's not really her fault, she's told me more than once that sometimes it seems her life is not her own. I can understand that now.

I also had to deal with my difficult co-worker and her ranting and raving over the schedule - yet again - because she might miss out on some of her precious lunch time. Forget the fact that it's a provider who asked me to make the schedule and forget the fact that this same co-worker generally only works 2-days per week but in the last 3-months, has barely worked 30-hours due to one personal thing after another. She left co-workers to work alone twice by not showing up for work. So when she's finally there, after almost 3-weeks, and the provider today left at 10:00am and didn't get back until 3:00pm, she really had no excuse to be saying anything. Yet she did, as usual and it irritated me, as usual!

Then I got the results back from the lab tests I had done and find out that I'm positive again for C-Diff which is a difficult gut bug to get rid of and yet if you don't get rid of it, it could eventually kill you and in the meantime, you live with the horrible symptoms I've had once again since the last time I had to treat it. This time my GI doc gave me the heavy duty stuff to fight it, at a cost of $155.00 my cost for the 2-weeks I need to be on it. Can you say, ouch!?

So, there you have it. A day I'll be happy to forget.

0 comments: